Wilson Blade 98 16×19 V7
The most popular frame in Wilson’s Blade series, the Wilson Blade 98 16×19 V7 now features FeelFlex to connect players with the ball unlike ever before. Featuring carbon mapping placed strategically throughout the frame, FeelFlex increases frame flexibility and stability for superior feel. Throw in reduced spec variance for added consistency from frame to frame plus a new Top Grip Taper for more comfortable top-hand grip placement, and the latest version of this racket brings significantly added performance to the court for avid Blade fans.
- Slightly more head-light than last version for better control over racket head
- FeelFlex features proprietary carbon mapping strategically placed throughout hoop for additional flexibility and better connected-to-the-ball feel
- Clean tri-colored design with lime green, black and silver elastic paint
- Top Grip Taper provides better feel for top-hand grip placement
- Reduced spec variance (+/- 5.5 g) for added consistency from frame to frame
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of a racket to produce enhanced feel and control
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response
Designed for today’s big-hitting, aggressive game, the Blade serves as the top-played franchise on Tour for a reason: commanding feel. Thinner, more flexible beams provide a strong connection and feel for the ball, inspiring competitive players to attack their opposition and control points. Equipped with a variety of string patterns, head sizes and swing weights, this versatile lineup boasts a sharp design for the next generation of hard-hitting players.
An evolution of Clash’s revolutionary FreeFlex technology, FeelFlex produces a more connected-to-the-ball feel while better complementing the modern, vertical swing path. Proprietary carbon mapping strategically placed throughout the frame provides additional stability and flexibility through the swing, while maintaining the feel Blade players know and love.
The game has never seen racket designs like this before – ones that focus only on the essentials and strips away all the unnecessary elements. What remains are timeless, uncontaminated designs, meticulous in detail and bold in their beauty. They create rackets that want to be held and a psychological edge for the player bold enough to pick one up.
BRAIDED GRAPHITE & BASALT
Braided Graphite + Basalt is an elastic and reactive material combination that that improves the flex of a racket. This evolution of Wilson’s BLX technology increases the ball’s contact with the strings to provide enhanced feel and greater control.
Provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response while dramatically increasing the sweet spot.